Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Climbing the Tetons

This was an adventure that Jesse embarked on without me (thankfully!). He and his cousin Bryon took off at about 4:30 a.m. last Friday to take on the middle Teton. The highest peak, the Grand, is the peak just north of this one. They made it to about 10,000ft but couldn't summit because there was too much snow and ice. They plan on climbing to the top of the Grand Teton (almost 14,000ft) later in the summer once the snow has melted. He got some awesome pictures though!

The peak they were hoping to get to


Looking down to the Wyoming side...they started in this valley


View to the Idaho side

2 comments:

Lindsay Carrick said...

wow, go Jesse! That's awesome. I bet your dad was proud Em. =)

TKS Ward said...

now THIS is where I'd like to go someday!!!!!!!!!! more pic's? I wanna see!!!!!!!!!!