We took a short but awesome vacation last weekend! We went with Bryon & Emily (Bry is Jesse's cousin) and another couple, Jake & Jessica to Redfish Lake which is about a 3 1/2 hour drive west of Idaho falls. It is in the Sawtooth Mountain range. Our campground was accessible only by boat, and we had a breathtaking view of both the mountains and the lake. We camped, hiked, swam, boated, fished, everything we could do there, we did. It was a blast! The one downside was that I didn't sleep at all Saturday night because some dumb lady in the camp saw a pair of glowing eyes and yelled to the whole camp there was a bear and it was heading straight toward our site. Everyone scurried to get all the food tied up in a tree, and Jesse and Bryon grabbed their guns and went out to find the bear (don't ask me why). Meanwhile, I grab Luke and go hide in the tent. I don't think I have ever been that scared! My muscles were all tense and I was hardly breathing. I was just mostly scared because of Luke (he slept through the whole thing). But it turns out there was just a herd of deer in the campground and that it what the lady saw. I tried to make myself believe that but my imagination did not allow me to sleep at all. I wish I could've pushed her in the lake!
On the way home, we stopped in Sun Valley for dinner (a very rich ski-resort town where actor Bruce Willis lives!) and then we stopped at Craters of the Moon State Park/National Monument. It is a huge lava flow area that is very unique, and it really does look like an asteroid or another planet!
Well, Luke had lots of fun, he was so good! We all had a great vacation, lots of memories, and lots of pictures! Since there are so many pictures, I created an album in Facebook. Click here to see them!
Craters of the Moon State Park video
1 comment:
So I found your blog through another blog. I hope your not creeped out that I'm blog stalking you! :)
Here is my blog just to be fair:
http://stefrobdav.blogspot.com
and also,
http://run-on-riot.blogspot.com
I'm actually hosting a giveaway on the 2nd one. So enter! :)
Post a Comment