Thursday, October 21, 2010

Luke update

I thought I would make a post and let you all know what Luke has been up to lately!

First of all, 2 days ago, I noticed that he was finally getting a tooth! Then yesterday, I noticed he is actually getting two teeth :) Both his bottom front teeth are barely starting to come through. We are so excited for him!

Now some of Luke's likes:
  • eating: there is not a single baby food that he doesn't just love! He even enjoys his green vegetables and ground up baby meats. He loves plain shaved ice from Daddy's sno-cone machine. He always wants to eat whatever it is we are eating. His motor skills are great too, he used his thumb and finger to pick up little things such as Cheerios.
  • bath-time: usually, Luke doesn't like lying on his back to get dressed or a diaper change, but when he hears the tub running, he giggles and lays still for us (with the exception of excited wiggling!). He is always trying to climb into the tub when he breaks into the bathroom, and the fastest I've ever seen him crawl is when he is headed toward the bathtub! He has absolutely no fear when it comes to water. I pour water right over his head and he keeps his eyes open and laughs. He even sticks his face down in the water sometimes (and scares me to death!)
  • playing: he enjoys playing with his toys, but even more so seems to like playing with things that aren't toys such as the TV remote, cell phones, pots & pans, etc. He learned how to push his cars/trucks around on their wheels. He always dances along with toys that make music.
  • standing/climbing: he's been standing up for a while now, and he does it everywhere. It first started off with him only pulling himself up to something with a ledge, but now he can do it against a wall, or his favorite place, the sliding glass door. He is always trying to climb things. Even when I hold him, he tries to monkey his way up higher to my shoulder or head. He is definitely a little monkey :)
  • talking: Luke says "mama" a lot, and tries hard to say "dada" but it comes out like "baba." He also "sings" aka yells whenever he hears music (namely in church, lol). He is constantly just babbling to himself and copying sounds that we make.
  • watching football: ha ha, for some reason, he pays attention to the TV when football is on longer than anything else. I'm not sure why, maybe just because he is his mommy's son!
I'm sure there are more, but that's all for now...

A few dislikes:
  • diaper changes: he is too wiggly and is always trying to crawl away
  • getting out of the bath: he used to love getting wrapped up in a towel but now he realizes that it means bath-time is over :(
  • getting his face wiped after eating
  • staying at home all day: he LOVES being out and about
  • being told "no:" he knows he is in trouble and makes the saddest face ever.
  • teething: well, who would like that?
  • getting his fingernails clipped: I swear, he thinks it is the end of the world!
I know I say this all the time, but we sure LOVE our little boy!!!!!

He wanted to help me do the dishes :)

No comments: