Monday, February 14, 2011

Scary...

The other day I realized something that scared me pretty bad, well just made me realize that I will have to be very careful with Luke. He has absolutely no fear of strangers or wandering off on his own and getting away from Mom & Dad. We were at Walmart the other day (go figure, haha) and Jesse was busy looking at work gloves, and Luke was getting restless in the cart so I got him out to let him walk around. He didn't want to hold my hand so I just let him go and followed close behind. He was off! He just took off walking very quickly through all the racks of clothes and down the isles. I was following him very closely of course, but not once did he stop to check if I was nearby. He is shy around strangers if they get too close, but in church and other places like the doctors office, he just goes up to people and taps their legs, or just climbs over them. I sure hope that this is just a stage and when he gets a little older, he will be more wary of his surroundings. He's just such and adventurous little guy and so curious about everything! I need a leash, that's for sure.
I also cant believe how much energy he always has and how hyperactive he is. I know all kids at his age are active, but anyone who spends any amount of time with Luke is amazed at how he just keeps going and going and going!! He literally never stops walking or running around the house all day long. Lol, I love my Luke so much, and don't worry, I am ready to take on the challenges that he will bring...which I feel will be many...!!!

No comments: