This Valentine's Day was the best! Well, I missed being with mom on her birthday, but I did have a really great day! I had been pretty stressed out all week because I had a lot of projects due in school and I wasnt feeling that great, so I slacked a little bit on keeping the house clean I guess. But I came home from class yesterday and found the apartment spotless clean! It was all picked up, vacuumed, and scrubbed. I was so excited. Then when I walked into the kitchen I saw a beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies (my two favorite flowers!), a big bar of dark chocolate (the best kind, of course!), and a Coke, which was a real treat since we are not drinking pop anymore! Jesse also bought me my favorite chick-flick, Pride and Prejudice, which he watched the whole thing with me!
It was a really nice, relaxing day, to say the least. Then later that night, I cooked up a candlelight dinner for the two of us, and topped it off with a bottle of Martinelli's finest! It was very fun and romantic (even though Jesse had to hurry so he could finish some homework!)
I also have this great cookbook, and there was a recipe for a Valentine cake, so I thought I would try it out. It was supposed to be made in a heart-shaped pan, but I had to compromise by using a round pan, and strawberries in the shape of a heart! The filling was chocolate cheesecake, and the crust was actually a hardened chocolate shell. It turned out pretty good actually!
Overall, it was a really perfect day!
2 comments:
Hey Em! That sounds so romantic and fun! 10 Points to Jesse! And to you for making all that yummy food, my mouth actually watered when I looked at that cake, ha ha. Have a great week, miss ya!
Looks like you had fun! How's married life treating you? I need to call you and say hi. How's school and everything treating you? I wish we lived a little closer. By the way, every single person in Florida, the first thing they said when they saw Spencer was "He has Emily's eye lashes!"
Post a Comment