This post is for all the mom's who read this because I want to wish them all Happy Mother's day! Here are some pictures that I took yesterday. After church we drove to the Nashville Temple to check it out. It is actually in a small town called Franklin, and about 30 min away from where we live. Jesse was really sweet to me even though I am not a mother yet, he still said it was "my day" and I got to decide everything we did. It was a fun day, and he took me to the Olive Garden for dinner. I love Sundays because they are the only days I get to spend the whole day with my amazing husband!
The temple was really pretty, even though it was by far the smallest temple I have seen. Even these pictures make it look bigger than it really is, but it's neat, I can't wait til we actually go!
This is the flower I got in church yesterday for Mother's Day




4 comments:
how pretty, i love all those pictures. Hope you had a great day! (because we all know you're a future mom! hee hee)
You guys are so cute. I hope you are doing well. Miss you!
Hey! The temple is even prettier inside!! It's smaller than the stake center next to it, but it still serves the same purpose! You guys should go when you get the chance...
There is so much to do here in Nashville! FOr Sunday activities, go to the Opryland Hotel and Resort. It's where I got engaged and is by far the coolest thing here in Nashville. Park at the Opry Mills Mall and walk to the hotel. When you go inside, you'll see what I mean!
Also on Sunday, you should go walk around Mount Olivet cemetery. It is sooo cool. Many really famous people are buried there, and you can walk around and see these huge masuleums and read about the people buried. Go to the office first and ask for a map. You can look all of this up online first as well!
Other stuff to do here: (you can probably look all of these up online to find out hours.)
-Belmont Mansion
-Belle Meade Plantation
-The Hermitage
-The Ryman
-The Wildhorse Saloon... so so fun on a weekend night.
-The Frist Art Center
-The Parthenon (closed Mondays)- sooo cool. You can walk around Centenial Park... very relaxing!
-The Grand Ole Opry - it's really not expensive and is so much fun!
-The Carton Plantation Home
-Traveler's Rest
-Battlegrounds of the Civil War
-Downtown Franklin is a cool little place to just walk around in.
This should be a good starter list! Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Also, if you ever want to drive around and see the homes of the country music stars, let me know, and I can take you around. I know where they all live!
Have fun!! :)
em, your header is adorable!! Did you do it in photoshop?
Post a Comment