Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Festivities

We had such a fun Independence Day! The guys got home from work at 4, so I got to spend a lot of the day with Jesse, which was such a nice change! We went to a park in Mt. Juliet, a town a few miles east of here, and had a blast. There was lots of food (pizza, watermelon, veggies, etc) and lots of fun! There was a huge playground like a castle that was fun for the kids to play on, and there were basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts, soccer, baseball, football, well pretty much any activity you could think of, it was happening. The weather was perfect, a bit overcast, but that made it not too hot! We watched the guys play volleyball for a bit then the wives started up a game and we played for hours! We were so tired and sweaty by the end of the night, but it was so much fun. I was so busy I didn't take very many pictures, but here's a few.





As it got dark, we enjoyed watching fireflies (which I had never seen before, and I loved it!) and firworks. It was neat because the location of the park made it so that we were watching fireworks in almost every direction. They were all around us! We set some off ourselves, but it was just fun to see them everywhere. That didn't stop us from still playing though, we played volleyball in the light of a few street lights and fireworks! I hope everybody else had as good a 4th as we did!

1 comment:

Lindsay Carrick said...

glad you guys had a great day! We missed you & your fam at the park though! Oh and I saw some people that we need to discuss...