Monday, July 21, 2008

Burning powder

Yesterday Jesse and I went to the shooting range with another couple, Mindy & Mason. It was so fun, I absolutely love to shoot! It had been a really long time since we've been, and I know Jesse was just itching to "burn some powder," as he puts it. It was a different experience for me to go to an actual shooting range with a bunch of people all lined up in different lanes. I am just used to going in the hills somewhere. But it was fun. We took the two guns Jesse brought to Nashville with us. His 223 rifle, and his .45 pistol (my personal home security, haha!). I didn't have my camera when we went, but here are some pictures afterwards.

The .45

Me with the 223

We decided to have a competition with the rifle, and we each had our own target stickers and shot 4 rounds each at a distance of 100 yards. The middle one is Jesse sighting it in. I got second place, which I am pretty proud of because thats pretty much the best because there's no way anyone was going to beat Jesse...he's way too good, as you can tell! It was so fun!

2 comments:

Lindsay Carrick said...

I'm impressed emma! I could never get those good of shots!

Mrs. Haynie said...

this post just makes me laugh..when you talk about jesse and guns i am instantly reminded of brian :) we shall have to go shooting some time in rexburg...