Saturday, July 24, 2010

Air Show/Blue Angels!!!!

We went to the air show today, and it was SO COOL! I have never really been that in to airplane stuff, but I was super impressed. Now it is no wonder to me why Jesse has always had a certain passion for airplanes his whole life. I really was amazed at how much he knows about planes. We were walking along all the planes parked for display and he would tell me their exact name and when/what they were used for. I had so much fun, it was awesome. The past couple days have been cool too, because the planes have been in town practicing, and we've had Blue Angels flying over our place making everything rattle, which was just awesome, too. Seeing how fast they fly, with such precision and synchronization is just super impressive.
The show itself was amazing. There were stunt planes (with a woman standing on top doing tricks mid-flight!), old WWII planes, planes from Vietnam, Russian MIG fighting planes (that did a mock-fight with an American plane, chasing each other!), an F-16 demo, and of course Fat Albert (a C-130 from the Navy) and the Blue Angels. We had a blast, I was amazed and now have a new thing to learn about and love, Luke did awesome too. He enjoyed watching the planes fly by, even the loud ones that we plugged his ears for :)

F-16 (a really short clip, but one of Jesse's favorite planes)



One of the stunt planes...it looks like there is a pole poking up from the top of the plane, and there is a woman strapped to it doing tricks!



Two Blue Angels flying head-to-head...AWESOME!




Blue Angels, doing a loop


Blue Angels! (F-18's, Jesse taught me)




Fat Albert


Luke and Uncle Taylor watching the planes


Hanging out with Grandma & Grandpa


Chewing on the CamelBack hose in the car, ha ha


So cool! I love how they fly so close together so perfectly!


This was pretty random, I thought, but we saw Darth Vader and some Storm Troopers...we had to take the opportunity for Luke to get a pic! We always joke that Jesse is Darth Vader...Luke's father, lol

1 comment:

Lindsay Carrick said...

that looks like so much fun! Chris & Tyler would've loved that, every time Tyler hears an airplane or a helicopter he finds it in the sky. And I loved how Darth Vater & the storm troopers were there! Pretty funny