Sunday, November 28, 2010

Candy day!!

Every year, the girls in Jesse's family/extended family get together after Thanksgiving to make chocolates and candy for the holiday season. This year we made cordial cherries, caramels, toffee, dipped pretzels, white chocolate Christmas trees, and haystacks. It was an all day thing from about 9am to 7pm. It's lots of work, but also such a blast! We have so much fun together and now we are fully stocked with goodies :) I'm not sure how much chocolate we went through, but we used about 14 pounds of almonds and at the end there were about 500 cordial cherries, just to give you an idea of how much candy was being made! Good thing there is so much family around and great neighbors willing to accept our treats! Ha ha :) Thanks for another FUN year, I love you all!!

Dipping cherries


The never-ending bowl of toffee...!


Some of the finished product


Luke and Shae had fun playing together :)

1 comment:

Lindsay Carrick said...

wow, that is impressive! Looks like fun, now I want to try all of it!