Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Camping! And catching tropical fish...in Idaho!!

Last weekend we had a blast. We went camping with Jesse's cousin Bryon and his wife, Emily (and their dogs of course, Trigger and Laela). We went to a place called the Donkey Hills (strange name, but gorgeous place!). It is just east of the majestic Pahsimeroi mountain range in central Idaho. We were about a 2 hour drive away from any civilization and we didnt see another soul while we were out there. That is the best kind of camping! Jesse and Bryon got up early and went exploring where they saw herds of elk and antelope. Later when we all went, we saw more antelope. I love the wildlife, and I loved seeing all the different birds, too, including 2 huge golden eagles. We took an extremely overgrown bumpy road to get to where we wanted to camp, and now Jesse's little white Honda is not so white! But we know that it can go places that only large pick-ups and 4-wheelers should go now! That poor car is a trooper. But we made it with no problems. We had yummy dutch oven dinner and dessert and enjoyed sitting around the campfire. I got to use my brand new 30-below sleeping bag, and I was so toasty and warm I didnt want to get up in the morning! We really had a blast and will definitley be doing more of this! The best part though, was when we were leaving, we stopped by this pond that is a natural spring heated from the earth that constantly stays about 75-80 degrees. A long time ago, someone started dumping tropical fish in it and they just thrive there! It was so crazy because this pond is tiny, and literally out in the middle of NOWHERE! But we found it, and caught some tropical fish for Bryon and Emily's fish tank at home! It was the weirdest thing, but pretty awesome! Here are a few pictures, but for more, click here!




7 comments:

Sterling Wear said...

MY KIND OF CAMPING!!! We're heading to the mountains very soon - very hiking in and camping in the backcountry, accessible only by foot - I CAN'T WAIT.....Morgan and Grayson, on the other hand, they can wait LOL - Beautiful pictures, I'm so glad you guys are having such a wonderful time Love Aunt Ky

Lindsay Carrick said...

Wow, that sounds wonderful. I can't believe you saw that much wildlife. The dog in the last pic looks adorable!

Brittany said...

Looks like you had fun! Love ya

Middletonfamily said...

Yay, we are excited for you guys to come down for the rodeo! The kids would love to come to your moms house and see the horses!
You are brave going camping while you're pregnant. We went when I was 8 months preg. with Nathan and it was horrible. Lets just say uncomfortable, rain, had to pee a million times and finally crying.
LOL! At least I can laugh about it now!

Devin and Andrea said...

sounds so fun. I love the dog... He looks so cute. Get in as much camping as you can now... It may be awhile after the wee one is born. We miss you guys.

Brittany said...

12 weeks!! wahoo!! First trimester down! two more to go!

Middletonfamily said...

Hey mommy! :-)
Jay and I are talking about the rodeo and we want to buy our tickets. Did you guys already get yours and if you did for what night?
We were talking about Thursday because it's cheaper for the kids but we don't want to miss the big show. Do you know if they do the same show every night or are the bulls and half time show only on Sat?
Anyway's if we buy our tickets before July 1st then we can get 2 bucks off! So I thought we would check with you guys!