**And most of the pictures are for Spencer, since he loves birds so much!**
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Down by the River
The weather here has been really strange lately. In the past 3 weeks, Idaho Falls has recieved about 3 inches of rain which is record-breaking since the 1950's. Idaho's average June rainfall is less that 1.5 inches. It also has not been very warm, with temperatures averaging in the 60's. This week however, it is getting warmer with temps in the 70's and 80's. All the rain has cause the Snake River to swell and with the warmer weather, the snow will start melting off the mountains causing major run-off. The Falls in downtown Idaho Falls is a great place for picnincs, walks, feeding the ducks and geese, and lots of other fun things. I have been going down there every morning to watch the river and the birds. In the past 3 days, the water has risen so much that is is flooding the grass and bike-paths. I cannot believe how much higher the water is each day. I took a bunch of pictures, so sorry for the overload, but I just love the river!
**And most of the pictures are for Spencer, since he loves birds so much!**

**And most of the pictures are for Spencer, since he loves birds so much!**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, it's beautiful. That's crazy how much it swells!
wow! lotsa water huh?!!! and I love the "lotsa pic's"!!!!! xoxoxox, Aunt Kelly
yes Spencer loves them! Sorry it took me so long to look, thing have been crazy with the moving...
Hey Jesse, Send some of that water down here to San Antonio... We are HOT HOT HOT HOT, without any rain for a while!!!!
-David Hurst
Post a Comment