Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fun at the fair

On Labor Day, Jesse and I went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot. Besides it being super crowded, we had fun looking at all the animals and booths. My favorite part was the horse barns. There were dozens of miniature horses, draft horses, and regular sized horses with their foals. And we also enjoyed all the fair food!
It was a fun day, and then later I got to go to a birthday party for Devin & Andrea's little boy, Carter, who just turned a year old! Thanks, guys, it was awesome to see you!

A miniature palomino stallion, 29 inches high!


This draft horse was named "Shorty," and was 18.3 hands tall!


A Clydesdale with her huge foal!


This was a 4-month old miniature horse that I fell in love with! He was so cute!!


Jesse and I shared this 'Tiger's Ear,' a giant scone covered in cinnamon-sugar!


Jesse, acting like a caveman on his cell phone with a giant smoked turkey leg!

2 comments:

Lindsay Carrick said...

how fun! Those horses were so cute! I want to take that miniature one home!

Alisse Dinkel said...

Ha, Ha, ditto! I wish I could've seen all those cool horses! That foal looked like the size of Misty! :) I can't believe you're 6 months along, you look so cute! Do you know your baby boy's name yet?
-Alisse